What I Am Currently Doing

Currently, i am in my Year 3 Semester 1, 

Many People think that Internship means local intern in SG but i took a leap of faith and tried to apply for overseas internship during the application at the end of 2017. 

And i was successful with my application! :D

So... 

On the 10th March 2018, 

I departed from Singapore to Yangon, Myanmar for my Overseas Attachment.
Honestly, i had mixed feelings as the days drew nearer. I had doubts about my decision.


Papa & Mama
ASTC Committee 2018
Iffah

Things like:
"Will i be strong enough to survive through 6 months without my Love Ones with me?"
"Will i be able to survive in a whole new different environment?"
"Will i be able to connect well with the people around me in a foreign country"




Since this was my first time in 20 years, Leaving my Family & Taking an Airplane. I remember tearing from the moment i entered the Departure Gate & throughout the plane ride till i arrived in Yangon, Myanmar. I felt heavy heart but i knew i needed to learn and be more independent. Which is the reason why i chose overseas attachment instead of local.

And when i first arrived in Yangon, i was being welcomed by the Training & Assistant Training Managers of Sedona Hotel Yangon. I was having thought on whats in it for me. But i immediately dismissed that thought and focused on what was more important at hand. I honestly just wanted to get to the Hotel Room, Unpack and Rest. Since i didn't sleep well for the last few nights in SG.

I must say that the hospitality really took me by shock. The staff were all so courteous, no matter who they were they would say "Mingalabar" (Hello). When i was checking in to the room, the reception actually gave us Welcome Drinks! Like WOW~.

After checking-in, I went to unpack my luggage and within 5 mins, i had to go down to the Restaurant for a Lunch with the Director of HR (The person who decided to accept me for Intern)

That was about it on my First Day in Yangon.


But before i headed to bed, i started missing my home, my bed, my love ones that are 2,559 km away from me.

Today, 7th May 2018: 


Counting in to the number of days that i am here in Yangon : 58 Days
Number of Days Left in Yangon: 111 Days

Coming into the 2nd Month since i arrived in Yangon, I am having Positions that are rotated within the F&B Department. Currently, i have 9 more days left in D'Cuisine (DC) before i move to Banquet.
Honestly, its been 21 days since i am in DC but i don't feel that i have learned anything at all. But wells, the people here are rather Nice. But of course, there are also a bunch of people who aren't really nice.

As of now, i am like splitting half-half. Morning i will be at DC for breakfast operations then After that i have to go office to help do Promotion Documents which is confusing since i wasn't briefed and was suddenly dragged into the picture. Oh wells, i feel like i am an all rounder now..

So far, i am enjoying the leisure part of my Intern except for the fact that there is unfairness a bit here n there. But i cant say much either :') Just got to suck it up HAHA.

Wells, I am going to show you all some PICTURES of my Attachment here!! 


 Scroll Down 


Shwedagon Pagoda

My Uniform~
Beautiful View
Taken with iPhone 7 Plus 
Celebrated First Day of Work With Ms Hannah @ Black Canyon!


Cafeteria Food :')


Gilbert & Marie - Lobby Lounge Singer

Mini Thingyan Duty

Doll Making 
City Tour on the Mingalar Bus - SG Interns

Thingyan Pool Party with Chef Danny & Model Margaret

Guest dragged me into the pool just for a picture :/
Thingyan Duty
Meeting with SG friends in Myanmar~

Ms Hannah

Sai @ D' Cuisine

 

Staff Party 2018
Receptionist
Angela - GRO


Sunset @ Junction City

Sunset @ Kandawgyi Lake

Kandawgyi Lake 

Met Up With SG Friends in Myanmar~
Suntan with a View 
Hosted the China Minister

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dont Judge~

Sorry For Not Updating

Dreams