7th May 2018 - NPCC Day

 Today is NPCC's 59th Birthday!

The Start of my Journey

2011 - Secondary 1

I still remember the first time i joined NPCC back in 2011.
I was one of those who didn't know what CCA to join since i was from Band back when i was in Primary School.
I had an elder brother who was in NPCC.

Therefore, I had 2 choices, it was either NPCC or the Military Band.
But i didn't choose the latter because i was tired of blowing instruments and sitting down in the band room for long hours.

2013 - Secondary 3

This was the highlight of my entire NPCC journey as a Cadet. 
I participated in every event available in that year.
The most memorable & proudest moment i had in that year was being part of the NDP in the NPCC Contingent. 
Till today, i still remember the awkwardness i had since i was the only one in the contingent with a different uniform since i was from a SEA unit. 
Plus, i was considered tall at that age so the instructors couldn't put me in the middle of the contingent where they cannot see me. 

2014 - Secondary 4

During this year, i was asked to join back the Springfield Family as an Instructor.
Honestly, i had a lot of doubts of myself because i didn't know if i am capable of it.
Things like:
"Will i benefit the Unit if i come back as an instructor?"
"What if the Unit standards fall back after i come back as an instructor?"
"What if i got kicked out of course?"
"What if my juniors disrespect me?"
I was deciding if i should go for Cadet Inspector Basic Training Course. It was a 3 weeks Course which included 2 weeks of being in Home Team Academy & 1 week at Camp Resilience @ Pulau Ubin.
While considering, i asked the people i trust as well as my parents if i should go for this course.
Of course, my family & friends supported in every way they can & i was thankful for that.
With those approvals, i decided to take a leap of faith & went for the course.
Those 3 weeks of course really wasn't easy to go through at all! But im glad i persevered through!
By 13 December, I was finally a Probationary Cadet Inspector!

Today


Counting back, its been 8 Years being in the Corp.

When i first joined, i never knew that NPCC would mean so much to me.

Throughout These Years, 

People around me always ask me:
"4 years of NPCC still not enough is it?"
"Why you continue to be an Instructor"
"Whats so fun about NPCC"
"Why you want to waste your time"

To Me:

NPCC has given me countless of opportunities that groomed me and changed me into who i am today.
You may say that NPCC is just a CCA. But to me, NPCC is more than just a CCA.
It has provided me with a lot of Personal Growth.
I was once a girl with anger management issues, to being super dominating such that even my squadmates in NPCC couldn't take my attitude and left.
I changed from a team follower to a team leader through the programme that NPCC has catered for us.

The reason why even after 4 years of being a Cadet, I still continued to volunteer in this organisation is because i am grateful to what my seniors have taught me and groom me & i wanted to do the same for my juniors.

Till Today

I have never ever regretted being part of this organisation. 
This organisation has helped me so much that i can't thank it enough. 


My Journey

  1. IAPBC - 1st Runner Up
  2. NDP NPCC Contingent Participant in 2013 
  3. Best Camper in 2013 
  4. Best Unit Cadet (Female) 2014
  5. Post Parade Performer in 2015 
  6. NPCC X-Challenge Sub Committee Member
  7. NDP Observance Ceremony - Parade Commander
  8. NPAP SC8 Contingent Commander in 2016
  9. Orientation Camp Coordinator in 2016
  10. Cadet Leader Camp Coordinator in 2017 
  11. NPAP SC8 Assistant Contingent Commander in 2017
  12. Given a Chance by NPCC HQ to be Part of National Camp 2016 as a Facil
  13. Powered Pleasure Craft Driving License (PPCDL)
  14. Attained our 3RD Consecutive Gold Award, 2015-2017
  15. Got Promoted to Senior Cadet Inspector in Oct 2017 
  16. Commendation Awards in Oct 2017 
  17. Managed to Groom Cadets who are now Leaders
  18. Attained Certificates for Certain Outdoor Activities (Abseil, Rock Climbing)
  19. Had chance to be part of Adventure/Survival Training Camp Committee as an Assistant Coordinator in 2017 
  20. Adventure/Survival Training Camp Committee as Advisor in 2018

Most Importantly, 

The FRIENDS i have met since the start of my NPCC Journey. 
Even though some of them have left my life but i am sincerely thankful to each and everyone of you that was once in my life! 

NPCC is a place i call HOME :D

Once Again, 

HAPPY 59TH BIRTHDAY NPCC!

Thank You for being a part of my life journey!!

Thoughts

Its been 4 years.. 
In May 2019, I would have already graduated from RP. 
Should i continue my service with a different status 
                                     OR
Is it Time to Close this Chapter of my Life? 

But before making a Decision, Its... 

TIME FOR PICTURES

Secondary 2 - Orientation Camp

POP 2012
Image may contain: 3 people
Weekly Training 2012

Image may contain: 14 people
IAPBC 2012
Image may contain: 2 people, people standing
Home Team Festival 2012

Image may contain: 9 people
NPAP 2013


Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoor
Best Female Camper 2013
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, people standing
CIBTC Investiture - 2014
Image may contain: 20 people, people smiling, people standing
Orientation Day - 2015
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes and outdoor
Weekly Training 2015
Jetty Jump 2015

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and indoor
RAFTING 2015

Orientation Camp - 2015
Image may contain: 13 people
NPCC Day 2015
NDP Observance Ceremony 2015

Image may contain: 2 people
ASTC - 2015

Image may contain: 1 person, standing
Promotion Parade - 2015
Image may contain: 21 people, including Zheng Qian Zac and Jac Wan, people smiling, indoor
NPAP - 2016
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor
NPAP - 2016
Orientation Camp - 2017

Image may contain: 1 person
ASTC 2017
ASTC Comm 2017

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, ocean, swimming, child, outdoor, water and nature
Jetty Jump 2017
Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, people standing
NPAP 2017

Image may contain: 7 people, including Sia Hui Min, people standing and outdoor
ASTC Comm - 2018 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dont Judge~

Sorry For Not Updating

Dreams