Operation in Yangon

Hello Everyone,

Its been some time since i updated my blog mainly because shortly after the previous post, i was admitted to the Hospital in Myanmar. So this upcoming post is about what led to me being hospitalized.

So on the 15th of June 2018, i woke up in the morning having stomach pain. I thought it was some normal stomach pain and thought nothing about it. But the pain kept recurring so i decided to consult the Hotel Doctor from International SOS.

Upon consultation, the doctor suspected that it was 80% chances of Stomach Flu and 20% Chances of Appendicitis. So he gave me some pills to take and an MC since i was suppose to be on duty. He told me to see him 5 hours later after taking the pills.
Thereafter, i went back to my room and rest. I was drowsy after taking the pill & overslept when i was suppose to go back to see the Doctor.

When i woke up, i was in a much lesser pain and thought nothing about it. And of course i still went back to see the Hotel Doctor anyways. The Doctor did his standard procedure and checked my condition and told me to continue eating the pills.

The next day, i woke up feeling the same pain but thought nothing about it & just had my normal breakfast and took the pills. I went out as per normal since it was my off day but the pain gradually increased throughout the day. I started to watch out for the food that i eat ensuring that it is not too oily or salty.

I went to sleep at about 9pm that night since i was about to move to a different outlet as part of my internship and also because i was feeling a lot of pain.

When i woke up the next day, the pain was so painful that i could not even leave the bed to get ready for work. Thats when i knew it was not any simple stomach pain. I contacted my Asst Banquet Manager, Ms Darli who then contacted HR and eventually made arrangement for the Hotel Doctor to come to my room since i couldn't even go down to the clinic to see him.

Upon further discussion within the Hotel Doctor , HR Personnel and Asst Banquet Manager.. They decided to send me to the Hospital for further investigation. While i am on the way to the hospital, the Hotel Doctor has already contacted the Professor in General Surgery at Asia Royal Hospital and the Doctor assured me that the Professor is highly skilled and will be able to give me an expert advice on my condition.

After arriving at the Hospital, I was immediately send to the Emergency Room and had the doctor do blood test & ultrasound. I was expecting to wait really long in the ER but within 15 minutes they sent me to the Ultrasound room and conducted the screening. By then, i was instructed by the doctor that i cannot take any food or drinks from that minute on & that is when i knew something was wrong.

Then came the admission procedures that Ms Hannah; Asst Training Manager helped me to settle.
About an hour later, i was already in my ward. The ward category was the middle one that cost USD 75 a night for Expatriates. The doctor from the ER told me that the professor will arrive about 6pm to do his examination and advice me on what to do next.

During this period of waiting,i was going through a lot of different kind of pain as well as the mental struggle as i was all alone without any of my loved ones by my side supporting. I was worried because i was not in my own country. Thoughts were all running in my head, filling it up. I didn't know what i should do.. but my parents were all well informed of my condition and the situation as Ms Hannah was helping me to message them about it.

At about 6.15pm, the Professor arrived and did his examination. According to the blood test, the White Blood cells range was within the normal range which means that there wasn't any major infection within the body. But the Ultrasound showed that there were a lot of foreign fluids present near the appendix and it was generally bigger than normal. He gave his professional advice and told me that i should do the operation since being on pills would not really help with the appendix infection even though it is just the initial stage and that it could hit back causing it to be more dire than it already is.

But of course, i was not allowed to make my own decision since i was under 21 years of age and also that i am not in Singapore. So.. my dad spoke to the professor and told me that i should just do the operation and get it out so that i would not have to suffer more the next time and i agreed with him.

The surgery was then arranged to be on the 19 June 2018 at 7am in the morning. The wait felt really long, i was on a liquid diet despite not eating for 2days. I remembered having so much difficulties sleeping because there was a lot on my mind. I was doubting his skills and at the same time afraid that something bad might happen during this operation. But most importantly, i was afraid because i was all on my own.

At 6 A.M. in the morning, i was awoken by the nurses to get ready to go to the Operation Theater, i was worried and had mixed feelings while being pushed to the Operation Theater.. I remember crying while on the way to the theater and my managers even had to put a box of tissue on the bed.

The Doctor and Anesthesia Doctor kept reassuring me that it will only be an hour, and that i will have anesthesia through the spinal as well as full anesthesia.. About 2 hours later, i regain consciousness and couldn't feel my legs. At that point, i felt like i was a useless person, i started pinching my legs and hitting it but all i could feel was numbness.

Right after i was sent back to my room, the doctor came and told me that i have to lie down straight without any pillow for the next 24 hours, that was the most painful 24 hours of my life. I couldn't even take any drinks without having someone to help me. I remember crying every few minutes because i felt so useless. :(

Luckily that 24 hours wasn't that long, it passed by quickly, and slowly i was able to start liquid diet again. 2 days later, The doctor allowed me to consume my normal diet. But during this period, i was going through a lot of pain, when my friends came and visited me at the hospital, i couldn't even laugh at the jokes that my friends made...

Supposedly the doctor mention that i can be discharged on the 21st June 2018, but the doctor said that there was some complications and i had to stay for one more day. But luckily, the next day it became better and finally i was able to be discharged from the hospital!

Even after discharge, i couldn't move around much. I was lucky to have my Boss to arrange my meals to be delivered to my Room during this period of hospitalization leave.

All in All, this internship experience has really been an enriching one especially since i had such an unforgettable journey during this 6 months.
I am thankful to have each and everyone of them in Sedona Hotel who has always been by my side to take care of me especially during this hospitalization. No words are enough for me to express thanks to you guys.

I LOVE YOU ALL !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dont Judge~

Sorry For Not Updating

Dreams